Thursday, October 13, 2005

Full Circle

It's funny how your day can come full circle. I'll explain.

This morning I was listening to a morning show and the dj's were discussing how American's just keep getting fatter. We eat crap and don't exercise. Pretty simple.

One caller mentioned how portions at restaurants are bigger and the dj exclaimed, "Yeah, you eat a 320z. steak and it's free!"

I didn't think about it again until just now.

I was helping an admin. in FL find a place for a company dinner in Ft. Lauderdale. She's new to that area, I used to live there. I was about to send her the link for Shula's on the Beach, a restaurant owned by the former Miami Dolphins coach Don Shula.

Before I sent the link I got interested and went a little deeper into the site. That's when I noticed the 48oz. club. If you eat a 48oz. steak you get the opportunity to purchase a $120.00 commemorative football.

Wow, ain't that great?

It gets better. Here's a pic of the #1 member of the 48oz. club. He's eaten over 100 of them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

You didn't mention that the guy who owns the restaurant is the one who signs the commemorative football and offers it for SALE, after the customer PURCHASES and EATS the 48oz steak. He's totally making a killing, and is possibly responsible for killing, as well.

(nah, personal responsibility, have to remember that - note to self)

So where'd ya find the pic of #1? I went on the site but could only find that there are more than 28,000 steak-gorging freaks out there, with the opportunity to search for them by name...

8:08 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

It was somewhere on the website. Not sure where I found it. It was close to 5pm at the time...by then I'm in a state of delirium from office boredom. I'm sure you know it well!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.