Friday, October 07, 2005

Get A Clue

Why is it that no matter what you say, some guys just don't get that you're not interested?

First, I will admit that I am a flirt. It is usually innocent flirting, though. But some guys just don't get it.

Case in point....

A few weeks ago I went out with some people from work. I'm fairly new so I was thinking, this will be a good way to get to know people better. I'll meet some more people, make some friends, work will be more fun.

So we end up at a bar and there's a guy from accounting sitting next to me. I don't really know him that well so we strike up a conversation about our personal lives, etc. He's divorced, I'm married, we both have kids, he really wants to meet someone, I'm looking forward to my husband coming home from a trip, and it goes on.

He has thrown out a few flirty comments which I politely shut down. I turned the conversation to how my I love my kids and the romantic vacation I'm going to be taking with my husband soon. I figured he would get the message....you know the "even though we are all sitting here getting wasted and acting silly I love my husband and you would never ever have a chance" message?

As the night is winding down, there are only 4 of us left. One girl and her husband, and me and Mr. Flirty Accounting Guy (FAG). Girl and her husband leave. Mr. FAG is pretty drunk. I'm pretty sober. I offer to follow Mr. FAG home to make sure he gets there ok. He only lives about 3 miles down the road (don't preach that he shouldn't have drove....I know).

When we get to Mr. FAG's house, I pull up next to his car.

"Hey Sherri," he says in his drunken drawl.

"Yeah?"

"Can I see you again?" he asks.

"Yeah, I'll see you on Monday."

"I know, but I want to see you again."

"You will, silly. I'll see you on Monday at work."

"But when can I see you outside of work?" he asks.

"Dude, I'm married."

Some guys just don't get it. But he was drunk and I guess you have to give him credit for trying, even as pathetic as it was.

5 Comments:

Blogger PreppyGirl said...

I once had a guy call me again, and again, and again and I was just too nice (and wimpy) to tell him to buzz off. Finally, he called one too many times and my roommate let him have it... oh wait - that was you!

11:00 AM  
Blogger princess slea said...

I've only ever had ONE guy call me over and over. (it's not been a problem of mine as guys are just sooo intimidated by me ~ at least that's what I tell myself to get through the day). Anywho..I had been told that my "gross talk" was very much a turnoff to guys (an older co worker told me that once) so when this guy would call I would say the grossest things to him thinking he would stop calling. Things like eating booger sandwiches and stuff like that. Hey, I was only 22. He thought it was funny and "cute" so I did finally have to break his heart and tell him I wasn't interested. We are still friends.
Sherri, you probably got a nice little ego boost out of the experience though. It's always nice to have admirers.

1:31 PM  
Blogger princess slea said...

PS. I agree with Yoda, I always get pop ups from your site.

1:32 PM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

umm.. I don't get the pop ups but I think I can hear my "pop swatter" going off. Hmmm.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

OMG, unreal. That's like the married guy who hit on me at my best friends wedding, he was drunk, I was sober. Ugh.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.