Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tell Me A Story

There truly can’t be anything funnier than a 3 year old listening to a story and repeating it back to you.

I told Charlie the story of Stanley the dinosaur who lives in the woods behind Grammy and Pawpaw’s house. Charlie likes to repeat the story to me this way:

(Notice how he always adds on a potty-training memory…not quite sure why.)

“I need strawberries. Okay. I went in the dark woods. Then clomp, clomp, clomp. Don’t eat me. I don’t eat little boys I eat strawberries. Grammy’s making a pie. They all ate pie and laughed and laughed. Then they pooped in the potty and got a fire truck. The end.”

Every time he gets to “they pooped in the potty” I start laughing so hard I cry.

2 Comments:

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

At least they didn't "poop" in the dark woods!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Pooping in the potty is funny...just in and of itself.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.