Thursday, January 19, 2006

Questions Answered

First let me start by saying, “You guys rock!” Seriously. Thanks for all the recent comments and feedback. I was pleasantly surprised with all the questions and suggestions for a post, so I’m going to address some of those now.

1. Explain any wacky secret theories you may have about life, or self-help books, or movies, or chocolate, etc. (submitted by Sleepless Mama)

Wow! What a question. Where to start?

I already explained Sherri’s Theory of Relativity in a previous post, so I’ll be lazy and link that here.

It’s funny that you mentioned self-help books. I have actually tried to write one several times. Basically it would have been one of those, how to be more organized-deal with stress-lead a happier and better life books. But of course I was so unorganized, stressed out and miserable that I never got past the first page. Do you see the irony here?

I actually think self-help books are over-rated. Most of this stuff is common sense, but over course it takes some over-paid, self-important yahoo to tell us these basic life skills (that, of course, we already know) before we will use what we already know. (Did you notice how many hyphens were in that paragraph? Is the use of hyphens directly proportional to the need to use more hyphens in the future? Maybe another theory is brewing here!)

Okay, moving on….

Movies. I love movies. But I think we need to be careful. Movies have much more power than we give them credit. They shape what becomes accepted in society and also influence the actions of our youth. People who don’t think they do are living in a fantasy world.

Chocolate. The world’s most perfect food. Need I say more?

2. What does the name ‘Kennedy’ mean to you? (submitted by Adam the uber god)

When I think of the name Kennedy I initially think of a dream lost. I was born seven years after Kennedy was assassinated so I never had the opportunity to personally experience the Camelot years. But I do think that his history is taught with a sense of awe and hope of what could have been.

The name Kennedy also brings to mind the following words: scandal, controversy, old wind bag (can you guess which Kennedy I’m referring to there?), and of course American Royalty.

Well, that’s all I have time for today. I’ll try to address some more of your questions and comments. Keep them coming!

_____________________________________________

Nasty Salesman Update:

I can’t believe it! I got another nasty salesman call. Go figure.

This guy wanted to talk to my boss about collections. I kept telling him that collections was handled by our accounting department. He then insisted that he MUST speak to the owner of the company that someone below the owner couldn’t POSSIBLY make the decision to use his company. I told him my boss hires people to do these things for him, they are called “employees”.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sleepless Mama said...

I'm with you on the Theory of Relativity and your thoughts on self-help books. I'm not sure I get quite what you said about hyphens, but it sounds pretty close to what I already do.

Now chocolate...I think I may have to start a new blog dedicated to it. It's just so darn good.

Thanks for taking time to answer my silly question.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Kingfisher said...

Still waiting on the MILF thing...

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.