Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bitchfest '06

Prepare the soap box, I’m gettin’ on.

Okay. I have refrained from bitching about current events, etc. lately, but I can no longer hold my tongue. So, in order to do this right, I am presenting to you…dum da da dum da dum!!!!!

BITCHFEST ‘06

That’s right. Not only am I going to bitch about what is pissing me off, I am going to invite you, my wonderful readers, to join in. So, read about my pissy attitude and then please delight me with yours! Now, on with the show…

Bitch #1

David Letterman. Now I am all for voicing your opinion. That’s why we have this document called the Constitution and freedom of speech, blah, blah, blah. But….BUT…if you are going to voice an opinion Mr. Letterman, have some facts to back up your statements.

He invited Bill O’Reilly on his show and proceeded to try to tear him apart. He told O’Reilly that his show was neither “fair” nor “balanced” and when O’Reilly asked him to be specific Letterman said he didn’t know because he didn’t watch the show.

WTF???

How can you have an opinion about a television show you have never seen?

Bitch #2

The Media. Get the facts. That’s all I have to say. Confirm you stories before you run headlines like, “12 Miners Found Alive!” Jerks.

Okay, admittedly that was not THAT much bitching. But I am trying to work my way into the New Year a little at a time. I don't want to pull a valuable bitch muscle you know. Then I might not be able to bitch for the entire season. And then of course, I'd lose my bitch sponsors.

This session of bitchfest '06 has been brought to you by Midol, Pamprin, and the letter K.

So....that’s all I have for today. Feel free to agree or disagree, it’s your right.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh. I just love you. ;)

P.s. The word verification spells "dirty boy" phonetically...

11:40 AM  
Blogger Yoda said...

Letterman has made a VERY good living being a blowhard, and I love seeing him get his comeuppance on the air.

Several years back, Lucy Liu appeared as his guest, and they talked about what it's like to be a first-generation American of Chinese descent...and in response to an interesting observation she made, he said, "I like Chinese food. Kung Pao. Do you ever eat Kung Pao chicken?"

Without missing a beat, she says, "I have a cousin named Kung Pao."

Letterman starts to say something, and can't. He's instantly afraid he's said something to offend his guest (which, of course he has, but he still doesn't understand what it was), and he just gulps, "Really?"

Lucy waits a beat and says, "NO!"

Perfect.

~Kurt

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.