Monday, January 16, 2006

Milestones

Well, my faithful readers (or unfaithful, I know some of you cheat on me with other blogs!)....anyway, it seems I have reached a milestone...

Over 10,000 hits on my site!

I think that's pretty cool.

I am also precariously close to 200 posts, but that's going to take another week or two to reach.

I look back over the past 9 months of posting my thoughts, ideas and experiences and realize that when this started it was out of boredom. Now it's more out of habit and need.

I love being able to put things out there and hear what you all think about it. Some of you affect my opinions and actions more than you know. Thanks for being there over these past months. It is amazing how much has happened.

It is also amazing what is about to happen.

The Navy has decided that my husband would better serve them in Jacksonville, Florida rather than here in the Great White North (or the Barren Lands as I sometimes like to call it). So we are awaiting the official word, but rumor has it that we will be moving sometime in June.

So, if I end up getting a house with a pool you are all invited. I'll keep you posted.

Finally, as I mentioned I am very close to 200 posts and I find that I seem to be running out of things to say lately, so I have a bit of homework for you. Will you all please post a question or a topic in the comments section? I'll try to respond with a post to each of you. Thank you for your help!

8 Comments:

Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Oh my god... are you serious? I'll never see you again!

I weep.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

What do you mean never see me again??? You never see me now! Get your ass over to PA biatchee!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Kingfisher said...

Topic:

The MILF Hypothesis, or The Socio-Political Importance Of Gil Elvgren Hooties On Soccer Mom Blogs

Discuss.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Ooo I was born in Jacksonville! I lived there for about nine years. It's a great place.

Hope you get that pool!

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news! I know you must be thrilled!

I'd love to offer you some ideas on new posts, but, alas, you know I've been in a bit of a slump myself lately. Anything I'd give you would surely crash and burn...just keep doing what you're doing, hon.

And congrats on the 10,000! Oooooh, I know, I know! Here's what you can post. You know how there's all those silly anniversary gifts you are supposed to give? Like paper on the first, silver on 25, and so on? You should come up with appropriately ridiculous e-gifts based on post milestones. For example, when I thought I was da shit when I hit 1000 over Christmas? The 1000-post mark "gift" should be e-mails, complete with a .wav file of people laughing hysterically, telling Little Miss 1000 to grab the reins.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Coming back to the South! Yay! I am there if you have a pool party.

For ideas... I have a draft going on my dashboard called "Overheard," and it's a growing list of just wacky-ass comments I've heard around the office, or when I'm out and about. Will post it when it's of a respectable length. But I'm sure you hear plenty, yourself, and would have a good post on something like that...

11:57 AM  
Blogger Sleepless Mama said...

Okay, you need questions...

1. Explain any wacky secret theories you may have about life, or self-help books, or movies, or chocolate, etc.

2. What kind of homes are you looking at in Jacksonville?

3. How many ways have you come up with for telling off your boss when you finally leave?

2:19 PM  
Blogger Adam (uber god) said...

I like Sleepless Mama's number three... I popped in, though, to let you know what JUST happened to me at the dairy store! This girl was at the checkout and was taking a while to locate her credit card - obviously getting embarassed - and the soccer mom in front of me just swipped her's through the thing. I think she was a bit flustered at someone else paying for her stuff, but then had that light go off that it was a really nice thing to do. I immediately thought of you (aren't you glad?).

Oh, here's an idea that sparks controversy (not always a good thing) but my post tomorrow will have something to do with "What does the name Kennedy mean to you?"

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.