Friday, December 30, 2005

One More Year Down

Another year is about to come to a close. It seems that every year time flies by faster and faster and, of course, I have a theory on why that is.

Everyone assumes time is constant, that no matter what we are doing time is just sitting there ticking away, tick tock, tick tock, as consistent and reliable as ever. I say, “Pshaw!” on your naïve notion of time! (Well, I don’t really say ‘pshaw’, it just sounded like something I should say….Anyway….)

I believe that time is relative. It’s relative to your surroundings, what you are doing, and of course your personal point in your time. I present to you…..dum da da dum da da dum!!!! (that was supposed to be drums and fanfare – imagine confetti and streamers).....Sherri’s Theory of Relativity! Let me explain…

Ever notice how time really drags when you are doing something you hate? Or how time flies when you are having fun? (Cliché, I know).

And what about as you age? I know we have all heard ourselves say, “Gee, it seems like each year goes by faster than the last.” I am here to tell you that it does. Each year does goes by faster for each of us.

Consider your life being represented by a pie and each year is a piece. If you are three you have three big chunks, but if you are forty each year is one itty bitty slice, therefore, relative to you, each year you age makes each year smaller, therefore shorter and less monumental as the last.

See? I’m a genius! (Or quite possibly just stating the obvious.)

Regardless of my impending Nobel Prize for this monumental discovery, I hope you all have had a wonderful 2005, and if you haven’t, then here’s your opportunity for a fresh new start for 2006. Either way, I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

6 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

Whoa...that was deep.

And, I wholeheartedly agree.

Happy New Year!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey yeah, I can totally see that! Remember us little people when you get that Nobel Prize!

11:45 AM  
Blogger *~*Michelle*~* said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:45 PM  
Blogger *~*Michelle*~* said...

Bravo! I am off to nominate you right now!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Pie. Great post! Happy New Year to ya!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

This makes amazingly perfect sense. Thanks for sharing!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.