Thursday, November 17, 2005

Annoyed

I am annoyed. ANNOYED I tell you! Why? Why you so boldly ask? Well, I'll tell you.

Why do I only make $2000 a year more than my boss's driver? I mean what exactly are the qualifications and training? I imagine the interview:

"So, it says here that you've had a motor vehicle operator's license since you were 16. Impressive. Most of our employees don't finish their formal training until they have finished college well into their 20's."

"Oh yes. I had my permit at 15, and of course my uncle Vinnie let me drive his car on some backroads when I was just 13."

"13! My you are a go-getter! And I see here that you have been opening doors for nearly your entire life. Stellar."

"Not only can I open doors, sir, I can do so with BOTH hands."

"An ambidextrous door opener! My! Isn't that capital! I must have you as my driver. You must start immediately!"

"Don't you want to hear about my errand running abilities?"

I mean come on people! I know the man is a professional. I understand that he deserves fair compensation. But I have a FREAKIN' MASTER'S DEGREE and I do essentially TWO jobs and am paid for ONE!

WTF???!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger anika said...

That is ridic.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Yoda said...

Sherri,

Don't you work in HR? You can't fix that? I mean...you know...people not being paid what they're worth?

~Kurt

5:20 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Ah Yoda. Alas, I have a degree in HR but no true HR power. I work for a company that does believe in HR. Basically this means we do the HR stuff (insurance, payroll, etc.) that is required by law and nothing more. That means no measurement of employees, no raises based on merit, no comparison of salaries. It's frustrating.

8:20 AM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Don't even get me started on this crap! I am apparently worth less than my predecessor who:

A - had less experience
B - had less education (no degree)
C - had less responsibility
D - had WAY less success
Do you see a trend here?

But hey, she was best friends with her boss so - WHATEVER!

And, like you, I am still paying off that college loan (for many years). Boo hoo.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.