Monday, November 14, 2005

Throw Up

I know throw up probably isn't a great title for a post. It might make the reader a little wary of what is to follow. But that's what this post is about....throw up.

I did end up getting sicker following my last post. I in fact threw up for about 24 hours beginning in the wee hours of Sunday morning all the way through late Sunday night. I HATE throwing up.

My 3 year old, Charlie, can make himself throw up at will. After Charlie had been sick on Thursday, his baby brother began throwing up on Saturday. Not to be outdone, Charlie decided that he had to throw up too. My husband thought he was joking and held out a bowl that he had in the living room for the baby. Charlie leaned forward and out shot every bit of his supper.

I've never understood throwing up at will. Bulimics....I just don't get it. I mean, I can understand wanting to be thin, but I will do ANYTHING to avoid throwing up if I can.

I remember this one time that I was very sick. It was about a week before Christmas and my mom wanted to take my sister and me out to look at Christmas lights. I had eaten a Totino's pepperoni pizza for dinner. You know the frozen ones with the little square pieces of pepperoni on them? I think I was about 9 or 10.

We got in my mom's station wagon and rode into town. I can still remember the song on the radio. It was Queen...."Pressure, pressing down on you, pressing down on me....Do dum dum day...de day dum..."

Even at my young age I can remember thinking, "How appropriate. I'm about to hurl and this damn song is mocking me." Luckily I made it home, but I still had a long night of being sick in front of me. Remember those little square pieces of pepperoni???

As I hovered over a bucket that I had placed beside my bed, some 25 years later, I still heard that song in my head....dum da da dum da da dum dum...PRESSURE!

After all that, thankfully, I am beginning to feel better. I will brave the office tomorrow. I think this was the first full day of work I have missed in about 2 years.

But I did lose 5 pounds....I guess those bulimics know what they're doing after all.

6 Comments:

Blogger princess slea said...

Ee do bay bup
Ee do bay ba bup
Ee do bup
Bay bup
People on streets
Dee da dee da day
People on streets
Dee da dee da dee da dee da

i love this song (we sing it on karaoke revolution). I always think of it as a david bowie song though ~ i forget it's with queen.

why can't we give love give love give love give loooooove cuz love's just an old fashioned word and love dares you toooooocare and to.....
anyway. glad you are feeling better. i could use a little touch of the stomach flu before my weigh in on friday (haven't been since the vegas trip ~ i'm avoiding it).

11:07 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

I don't get bulimics, either. I'm not THAT eager to be thin! I'm sorry you got the bug but am glad you are back among the living again. :-)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Yoda said...

Sherri,

Seafood used to do it to me every time. A guaranteed yak-fest in the wee hours after dinner at the Clam Box when I was a kid.

That's not the Billy Joel song "Pressure", is it?

Glad you're feeling better!

~Kurt

10:29 AM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Under Pressure is actually a "duet" ,if you will, by David Bowie and Queen. Princess LOVES this song. Sherri, you will be required to sing this song next time we all play Karaoke revolution just so you can relive the feeling of a burning throat and breath that smells like ass. Tee hee.

Glad you're feeling better. You best get rid of all that stuff before you come to visit me! Then again, I probably left germs all over Princess's house as I had this the last time I visited her. Yucka!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better and back with the rest of the world.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

Hey! You can join the ranks of the innumerable bulimics that find my sight by searching "How to Induce Vomiting". Horrid.

I am so sorry about the puking. I hate it too.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.