Thursday, November 17, 2005

Stupidity

I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of people and what is considered “acceptable” in the workplace. I’m going to provide two examples for your reading enjoyment.

1. I received an insurance application sent from another office. By the time these particular items get to me they have already been reviewed and approved. I received an insurance application with the name Samuel L. Jackson on it. I suppose there could be an individual other than the actor Samuel L. Jackson with that name. But not only does the actor not work for us, no one with that name does either. Here’s what I received:

Samuel L. Jackson Mark Brown

So I guess Mark Brown thought it would be funny to pretend he was Samuel L. Jackson? And I guess the office in Florida thought that he didn’t need to fill out another form?

Just stupid.

2. I have to terminate insurance for employees when they leave. If I don't find out that they left from the division then we continue to pay for individuals that don't work for us. Probably not a good money saving practice.

I pay the bill and then send invoices to our different divisions in the amount that they owe to pay the corporate office back. I received a phone call yesterday.

“Hi Sherri. You billed me for John Brown in October for insurance. He was terminated in September.”

“I was unaware that he was terminated. You didn’t notify me.”

“I have to notify you?”

“Yes. If you don’t notify me that someone in Florida has been terminated, I, in Pennsylvania, have no way of knowing this.”

“Oh. I just thought you knew.”

What was I thinking?! Of course I should have known! Let me just lug my crystal ball out of my purse. Sorry boss, I can’t help you right now. I’m consulting my crystal ball to see who was terminated in Florida last week.

Stupid.

So, I in my glass house have to deal with these stupid people. Because you know I never make mistakes or do stupid things.

Sincerely,

Angelina Jolie Sherri

4 Comments:

Blogger Yoda said...

Sherri,

YOU'RE BACK!!!!

Yes, stupid people are everywhere. My recent favorite is the guy who expected to be able to make a left turn from the right lane at a short traffic light...in heavy traffic. No, I will NOT let you in just because you stuck your fender into my lane, Dickweed. And I can limit your ability to gesticulate wildly at me by using my BMW's ability to accellerate faster than your Jeep-with-oversized-wheels-that-makes-so-much-sense-on-San-Diego-city-streets.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

I am in the same situation here. I swear, we should start charging for all this mind reading we do everyday!

**my verification word is "cntsn". I feel violated.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't decide if it's funny or just really, really sad. . .Ok. It's both.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

You're lucky! The rest of us don't just get stupid people at work, they're running around in wild. Like rabbits waiting to be run over by rational thinking folk.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.