Wednesday, September 07, 2005

So They Wanted Professional?!

I just realized it has been almost a week since my last post. I am going to blame it on a fantastic holiday weekend with family and friends. There was drinking, karaoke, dancing, bull riding, swimming, running, screaming, and an all out good time.

So.....what to post?

I thought it might be fun to review a few fairly recent posts and do a little follow up. As most of you know, I recently changed jobs. Not entirely of my own choosing, but a good thing none the less. One of the lame ass....oops....I mean perfectly justified....reasons they gave me for my early termination was that they were looking for a more professional image for the person supporting the office of the CIO.

That's how they put it. "The office of the CIO". It sounds impressive, but if you worked there you wouldn't be impressed.

So anyway, they wanted someone more professional. Let me describe what I look like and my normal work attire. I am 5'8". I wear a size 14. I have long brown hair that is well kept. I usually wore professional slacks and a button down crisp shirt and heels. I didn't wear anything trendy and I have a tattoo on my ankle so I only wore pants to hide it. Overall, I almost looked overdressed in the business casual office that I worked in. Most people only wore khakis and polo type shirts.

Here's a good idea of what I look like on a normal day:



Here's a description of my replacement as given to me by several former colleagues: bleached blonde hair with dark roots, around a size 18 (not that that's important, but HA!), her normal wardrobe is slacks, a tank top which shows her enormous tattoo on her shoulder and a crochet poncho. Some words used to describe her were: "tired, worn out, trashy, biker chick, and rude".

Apparently, this person calls everyone "hon" and within 3 days had told several people that she "supported the office of the CIO" and they should do what she asked.

WWWHHHAAAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAA!!!!!! Sorry....that is hysterical. I hope my old boss is happy with his new skank, I mean assistant.

So anyway, here is my artistic vision of my replacement:



I know. I know. "A little bit catty don't you think, Sherri?" Yes, I suppose you're right. But it sure is fun! ;)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A real enlightening blog. Don't stop now. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell everything, like business on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

3:30 PM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Nice spam and nice illustrations. Don't you love saying HA!?!?!

3:39 PM  
Blogger NME said...

You are a truly gifted artist. I commend you on your portraits!

7:20 PM  
Blogger princess slea said...

She looks familiar, did she date Preppygirl's dad?

9:19 PM  
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

This is a hilarious post (and love your drawings btw!), just been replying to my post about blondes and brunettes! Sad isn't it, that we are still judged by appearances! Whoever heard of "better not hire the bald guy as the senior executive". Grrrrr...

7:03 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

You just KNOW that she had a bad collagen experience with those lips. There is NOTHING more trashy than a bad collagen job!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I was laughing so hard at that tears are literlly streaming down my face!!

4:07 PM  
Blogger PiesFan90 said...

Sorry, I'm ignorant. Why do checks get tattos on thier ankles?

5:20 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I don't really know. When I got the tattoo 10 years ago that was the thing to do.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.