Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Milestones

August has been an interesting month.

I reached over 100 posts and over 5000 visits to my blog,
I lost a job and found a job,
I am finally using my Master's degree and getting paid for it,
and....

My 3 year old has learned to explain things like an adult.

I got home from work today and my husband informed me that Charlie bit someone at school today. This happens from time to time and we are continually reminding Charlie that biting is unacceptable. He tends to only do it when he is really upset. I think he does it when he gets frustrated and doesn't know how to express his emotion.

My husband told me that he talked to Charlie about biting.

My husband said, "Charlie, you know you're not supposed to bite, right?"

"I know, Daddy," Charlie replied.

"Then why did you do it?" my husband asked.

Charlie sat on my husband's lap, looked him in the eye and said, "Look Daddy. I'm going to explain it to you. You see sometimes when you're little you bite people....and when you're big, you don't."

That was it.

Makes perfect sense to me. ;)

8 Comments:

Blogger SuburbanMom said...

oh my gosh that is perfect! My charlie is 4.5 and I can't believe what a little man his is. Isn't it awesome!

7:19 PM  
Blogger breanna said...

Bill Cosby really had something with that "Kids say the darndest things" show. I'm such a sucker for that stuff. I don't know how i'll ever have kids and follow through with discipline when they pull stuff like that! you must be a strong woman!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I am so weak. I give in WAY too much.

5:37 AM  
Blogger PiesFan90 said...

My girlfriends daughter uses the "You see mum, in kids world, it's like this..." to explain away some behaviour that we might not agree with. They do have their own code.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

That is so funny!

2:43 PM  
Blogger ChickyBabe said...

Simple, but effective. We should learn from them...

6:15 AM  
Blogger The Missus Complains said...

Funny and insightful but not if your bitten...My niece was bitten by another kid at the park when I was with her and she cried and my heart really broke when I saw a drop of blood form.

4:25 AM  
Blogger ladylongfellow said...

My daughter had a biting problem until she got bitten by another child -she stopped after that. My doctor told me many times to bite her back -I thought he was insane. He evidentially was right...probably not policitally correct -but he was right.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.