Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Drama? Tragedy? Comedy?

It seems that in the midst of every personal crisis there is comic relief. My thoughts have been so preoccupied with the hurricane that I didn't realize how funny things were until I had a moment to slow down. Here's a brief recap.

I started my job last Monday and have tried to meet new people where I work. I was in the lunchroom two days ago and there were two guys talking about reading. I introduced myself and chimed in the conversation.....sort of. I think I said something like, "Gee, that's a big book."

That was it. Then I left.

I guess I didn't make the highly intellectual impression I was hoping for. So typical.

Then this morning I walked out to my car, hit the button on my key chain to unlock my doors and nothing happened. I looked down and realized I had my husband's spare keys. In my rush I grabbed the wrong ones. I was locked out. Great.

I was panicking because I had been late the day before due to "livestock on the turnpike"....seriously.

I called my husband but he was already at work. He couldn't get back to the house in time to let me in. I was going to be late again. So I did what any respectable girl would do.....I broke into the house.

I walked through my back yard in 3 inch pumps, my heels sinking in the dirt with each step. I took the scraper from the BBQ grill and cut the screen on the kitchen window (luckily it was unlocked so technically I may not have been breaking in), opened the window, and climbed through it across the kitchen table in my $300.00 suit (don't worry honey, it was on sale).

But I was on time for work.

I don't know. I just found all of this funny. It seems no matter how professional, smart, together and accomplished I try to be I will always remain a klutz who is perpetually goofy. Guess there could be worse things.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

It's amazing how many tiny, stupid obstacles stand between us and a simple, hassle-free day. It's not YOU, it's the details! :-)

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.