Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Mall Commando

Several people have told me that the stories about Charlie are funny and I appreciate it. I wish I could take more credit, but I am just humbly relaying the antics of a VERY hyper 3 year old. I wish I could put streaming video on here of the things he does, but alas I am not technically inclined and I never seem to be able to catch the hilarity when it is first-run.

But…..I do have another story.

On Sunday my husband and I took the kids to the mall. We spent most of the day window shopping and made a few select purchases. To get back to the car we cut through Strawbridge’s….we needed to use the elevator due to the massive double stroller we have. By this time Charlie was tired of the stroller and decided he wanted to walk. Dad was pushing Matthew, Charlie was following him, and I was pulling up the rear lugging a giant print that I had purchased for the living room.

As we were walking through the busy department store Charlie suddenly stopped. With legs flailing, arms flapping and body gyrating he shouted at the top of his lungs, “Power Rangers S.P.D. Emergency!” Everyone in a 20 foot radius stopped to stare. After he was done shouting he crouched down, pointed his right arm out, pulled his left arm to his chest and proceeded to shoot all the laughing shoppers in a volley of machine gun fire.

I was laughing so hard I nearly dropped the print.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

That's hilarious!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I think kids should just be like Charlie. They grow up brighter and with greater enthusiasm.

But what did he do afterwards? Just stand up and proceed to walk as if nothing happened?

3:52 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Yep....just walked over to the elevator as if spontaneously fighting crime in a department store was all in a day's work.

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.