Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Go Away....Really!

Isn’t it funny no matter what you do some people just don’t get the message?

That’s the case with T. If you have been reading the blog for awhile you know who he is. If not, here’s a reminder. And here.

Anyway, I thought I would put together a mini-tutorial on:

This means I want you to go away

1. You walk up to me while I’m working and I give you the “one moment” finger because I am A) on the phone, B) talking to someone else, C) I hate you. You don’t need to stand there and bounce from foot to foot looking like you have to pee. Please either wait patiently or go away and come back later. You are distracting, not to mention annoying.

2. We are talking (and talking and talking) and I say, “Well okay then” and turn away. This means I am done. This is equivalent to me waving my hand at you and saying, “dismissed” though not quite so rude. Please go. If you do not, I can’t be accountable for my actions.

3. We are discussing an issue that has a clear-cut solution (which you refuse to acknowledge) and I start to passive-aggressively insult you. (Ex. “Well I would have come to you, but I figured this was out of your range of expertise.”) This means that you are really annoying me. The passive-aggressiveness comes from me not wanting to burn all bridges with you, but still fills the need of aiding in reducing my frustration level.

4. I say, “Go away, please.” While this may seem straightforward I find that it doesn’t always work. Most people when hearing this from me think I’m kidding. I’m not. Really. I DO want you to go away.

So, I guess that’s about it. I left out the one with me screaming, “I hate you” because I rarely use that at work, although I did have this one boss…..

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

5. If you fail to respond appropriately to the "one moment" finger, you're gonna get the OTHER finger.

:-)
Just read the Zen Moments post for the first time, and we are just living parallel lives, you and me. Scary.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you please send me a fecal sample. I am curious as to what this oderless substance looks like.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

bad guy: While I'd be more than happy to FedEx you some poop in a box.....just wanted to mention that you misspelled "odorless". Anywhoo.....

8:48 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I try to do that "one finger" motion, but when I'm standing around, doing nothing...

You get some confused looks, that's for sure. :)

10:39 PM  
Blogger The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

One moment please ;-)

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.