Thursday, May 05, 2005

How Technology Helps Us - Part Deux

Okay, so I've been posting a lot today, but this one couldn't wait. Just yesterday I posted How Technology Helps Us. Well, lo and behold, "T" strikes again.

I am sitting at my desk following a very unsatisfying lunch consisting of a can of soup,(please see Zen-like Moments), trying to field the 18 voice mails and 32 emails I have received in the last half hour, when I just feel someone watching me.

I look up and T is standing, once again inside my cube in my personal space, literally hovering over me.

Me: (startled and sliding back my chair) Oh, hi.

T: So I guess you read my email.

Me: Umm...no. I haven't gotten to it yet.

T: Oh well....(proceeds to verbally explain everything he typed in the email).

Me: Okay, sure. I'll take care of it.

T leaves. I look at my watch. It's 12:24. I open his email. It was sent at 12:21 and is literally a gazzilion lines long. Now, I do pride myself on being smart, but even I don't read that fast.

So, cyber-friends....what should I do? Any snappy comebacks that will put T in his place without getting me fired?

The suggestion box is now open.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yoda said...

Think "Office Space":

T: So I guess you read my e-mail."

You: No, T, I didn't. Actually, I deleted it as soon as it came in because I knew you'd just come by and tell me in person.

T: Oh. Well...(proceeds to verbally explain everything he typed in the e-mail).

You: Okay, thanks, T. When I get a few minutes, I'm going to go ahead and set up a rule in Outlook that will autodelete all your e-mails. That should save us both some time, don't you think?

1:14 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Great advice....thanks Yoda!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

You forgot to add that T says, "If you could do that, it would be grrrreat..."

Tell him you'll get around to it when either finished War and Peace, or finished reading his email... whichever comes first.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Thanks Andy. I actually think his email was longer than War and Peace.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that T is a hip kinda guy and possibly hasn't even seen Office Space. Where I work it should be the mandatory orientation video.

Oh well, almost time to go back to cube hell. Wish me luck....

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.