Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Book Challenge

Okay, Erica.

I am finally getting around to taking on the “Book” challenge. Here's what I came up with....

How many books do you own?

Umm….I would have to answer this in pounds, seeing as I have moved my books so many times that they have found a permanent home in my attic in many cardboard boxes. They are rumored to weigh over 650 pounds, but they, like me, are doing a juice fast….so it may be less.

If I had to approximate I would say I probably have around 300 books. I know…time for a garage sale.

What is the last book you bought?

The Time Traveler’s Wife. Don’t know who wrote it and I’m too lazy to look it up, but….. it was great. One of the few books that after I was done reading it I thought about it for days.

What is the last book you read?

Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich. It’s the 3rd book in what is now a series of 11. It’s one of those easy, no thinking beach reads. Lot’s of fun, good action and you don’t have to exert a lot of mental energy.

What’s the one book that you can’t wait to read?

The new Harry Potter book. I’ve had that damn thing preordered for months. I am such a nerd. Thirty-four years old and love Harry Potter. Oh well, I never claimed to be cool.

What 5 books are most important to you?

Wow…that’s a tough one. How about if I just pick 5 books I like…I’ll try to pick just five.

1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

No Erica, I’m not copying you. I love her books. When I read them I just want to be Claire and find my Jamie…..aahhh…..!

2. Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay

Should be self-explanatory. Let’s just say it helped me finally answer a lot of tough questions I was facing.

3. Confessions of a Shopaholic

It was nice to see that I am not the only one. It’s also one of those fun chic lit books. And I just happened to be breastfeeding my new baby during the course of reading the entire trilogy and it just brings back those sweet memories of 2am feedings. (Yes, as tiring as it was they are sweet memories!)

4. Arty the Smarty

The very first book I can remember owning and reading. It’s out of print now, but I may just have to find myself a copy somewhere.

5. The Bible

Because no matter how bad it gets I will always have somewhere to turn.

(Even though sometimes the Bartender’s Guide may seem more appropriate!)

Okay….to finish this off I am tagging Princess Diaree and Mary from PA!

7 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Diana G is amazing. I had a feeling you might like her (or already did) when you suggested the Time Traveler's Wife. I actually don't know many people who are into her, so glad to know ya!

On the 2am breastfeeding - I am still BFing, but only at bedtime or on weekends. My daughter (almost a year old) is sleeping through. Still, as hectic as it was at first, I still love doing it. Though I admit there was many a resentful 2am when I was making as much noise and bed-jostling as I could just to get Kyle to be AWARE that I was going to nurture our child... AGAIN. He can't do it himself, but he can be awake for a minute to acknowledge MY sacrifice, can't he?? :-)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Oh...I can totally relate. I used to see how much I would have to do to wake up my husband. Basically because it pissed me off that I had to do EVERYTHING....I mean I grew and birthed the baby! Geesh!

2:55 PM  
Blogger princess slea said...

When my daughter was born premature she had to be on a heart monitor. I had gone grocery shopping and when I came home he was asleep on the floor next to her and the monitor was going off right next to his head. Thankfully it was just because the leads had come out of the monitor but geez ~ this loud piercing beeping didn't wake him up. It's a good thing God created moms.

ps. sherri, i guess since i've been "tagged" i answer on my own blog?

3:53 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

That would be correct....and you get to tag someone else! :)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Harry Potter is the shiznit!

8:31 AM  
Blogger MC said...

I started reading that book Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay when deciding what to do about my relationship. However, I didn't make it through the whole book before I ended things with him. Did it really work for you and help you decide? I think if maybe I had read it all, it would have worked wonders...maybe I should go back and do that.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

It just confirmed what I think I already knew. I think I had my mind made up before I read it. I just wanted justification.

It may not hurt to look at though. Maybe it will reinforce that you made the right decision.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.