Monday, May 16, 2005

Why Boredom is Dangerous

I like my job. Really I do. And I like having some time to goof off. Unfortunately, when my boss travels so does my initiative. Right out the door. I have nothing to do and no motivation to do anything productive.

This is what I did at work today:

1. Took 42 pictures of myself with my work camera phone trying to get just the right look and angle only to find out that I can't send pictures with my work camera phone. (So why did they give me a camera phone? I suspect to annoy me because I can't use it!)

2. Googled myself and read up on people with the same name as me. Apparently one of my alter egos is a high school basketball star and the other is a high level HR executive. (Which is what I have a master's degree in, which is also the field I couldn't get a job in, which pisses me off, and in turn is extrememly sad since she is doing high level HR stuff at work and I am...well...googling myself. Hmmm....does that sound kinda dirty?)

3. Checked my personal email 6 times to see if I had any spam mail. At least it would be something to do.

4. Mapquested my house to Las Vegas, New York, San Francisco and Boston just to see how long it would take to get there.

5. Found out that I would have to play frisbee for an hour to burn off a snickers bar. (I don't know if that is truly accurate....I mean what kind of frisbee are we talking here? Must be like x-games frisbee or something.)

6. Held up my end of 3 IM conversations with friends across the country. At least I am contributing to the demise of someone else's career besides my own!

7. Talked to my mom long distance. Twice.

8. Decided that if my boss reads this I will probably get fired.

9. Read up on all my favorite blogs and wondered how the hell they get upwards of 50 comments on some of their posts. Really, I have no clue. How do you do that.....and why does it give me an inferiority complex?

10. Wrote this stupid post.

Well, there you have it. My day in a nutshell.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Wow. Are you sure you don't work in my organisation? Like, right behind me?

Not that I can really cast judgement though...

2:14 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Andy: If we actually worked in even remotely close time zones I would IM you endlessly and make sure that you got absolutely NO work done. Not that you do anyway.... ;)

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog at work, along with several others .... but, my boss is based at the other end of the province :)

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.