Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Potty Mouth Charlie

As a parent I try to be a good example for my children. My son Charlie is a precocious 3 year old who unfortunately picks up as much bad as good.

This morning I was getting dressed when Charlie barged into my room. Standing with only my pants and bra on, I ask Charlie why he isn't downstairs getting ready for school.

"We're waiting on you, mom." Charlie says, hand on hip stamping his little foot.

"I'll be there in a minute, Charlie."

"But you're not dressed!" He replies indignantly.

"I will be there in a minute, Charlie!"

"Put your damn shirt on!" Charlie cries.

Now, this should bring out the concerned parent in me and I should adequately scold Charlie and tell him not to speak like this, right?

Why can I only laugh?

4 Comments:

Blogger Yoda said...

A former shipmate who married into a very religious family, and whose 3 year old daughter was definitely "Daddy's girl" told me the story of his daughter's first family reunion.

Seems it was a cookout, and his daughter was getting hungry. She stood patiently next to the grill, holding her paper plate in readiness to receive a hot dog until the uncle-or-whoever looked down at her and kindly told her that they'd be ready in a few minutes.

She walked off muttering, "Well, shit. Ain't no damn hot dogs ready. I just want a damn hot dog!"

2:21 PM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Kate also yells at me to "COME ON MOM!" (wonder where she gets that?) It's like you spend all your time getting them ready, then when they have to wait more than two seconds without being entertained... they're yelling at you. My mornings sound almost EXACTLY like yours. I had a last minute diaper change this morning... I call it a poop delay.

Sorry I've not been around... Princess diaree just reminded me to read the blog daily. Coincidentally, I heard "All I Ask of You" on the broadway channel this morning (satellite radio) and thought of you... fondly. I belted it at the top of my lungs (both parts) and wished you were along to play Christine to my Raoul. We coulda been stars baby.

On a side note. I would highly recommed satellite radio to anyone who must endure a commute. The Kids' channel is perfect for the ride to day care and then I can crank broadway, comedy, talk radio or goofy love songs (heard Journey yesterday and also thought of you).

Kissses from the Misses.

AB

10:07 AM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

P.S. Thanks for including me in the Tommy Adams story... I do remember this night, but I wasn't with you. Thanks for describing me as preppy girl... I think...
I thought of sending this blog to my mom (you'd have a LOT of admin stories to share)... but on second thought... She might have a heart attack reading of our former exploits.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Don't kid yourself....your mom knows the crap we did!

And yes, I would love to sing for you! Christine...Angel!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.