Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Now Starring as "Total Bitch"....

So I was extremely rude to Jay today. I couldn't help it. He came into my cube, hovering, and proceeded to ask me why one of his meetings wasn't on his calendar. (Before you think "so what" let me say that this happens about 3 times a week.) I mean really, I don't know. I send you the damn invite. You accept. If it doesn't get on your calendar not my problem, right?

Well apparently I am a bitch. Hmmm.....? Here's the replay:

Jay: (hovering) Hey, Sherri. When is the staff meeting? It's not on my calendar.

Me: (rolling eyes and heaving a big sigh) I sent you the invite.... I don't know why this keeps happening.

Jay: Umm. I don't think I have this one.

Me: (smartass tone) I sent you the invite.

Jay: I really don't have it on my calendar.

Me: (turning to the computer) Here. Let me show you. (Opening the calendar invite) See......(noticing that I didn't invite him to this meeting) .....your.... not.... on there.

(Okay, now I'm the asshole. I need to salvage this quickly. While I don't really like Jay, I also don't want to be a total jerk. I do have to work with him. So now I must maneuver to remove my foot from my mouth as painlessly as possible.)

Me: (feigning stupidity) Oh...I thought you meant the other meeting! Of course, you aren't on this one.

Jay: Yeah, I meant this one. I guess maybe I said the wrong thing. It's Monday, you know.

(Okay, good. Now I've got him thinking my being a total bitch is his fault.)

Me: No problem. (Fake smile) Let me know if you need anything else.

Pretty bad, huh? I rag on other people all the time and here I am the total jerk. Oh well, I guess we all get to play that role sometimes.

_____________________

P.S. Mom, forgive my potty mouth. It's been a rough day! :P

(Three hours later)

P.P.S. (or P.S.S.?) UPDATE - Jay just came by and I was Sooooooo nice to him. Trying to repent, powers that be! Okay? Good Karma my way...thanks.

P.P.P.S. For those of you reading this and thinking that I really didn't act that bad - you have not experienced my sarcasm and attitude first hand. Just trust me when I say it is truly a sight to behold. (And yes, it is a personal project I am working on. Sort of. Maybe.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.