Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Random Thoughts

I feel like I don't have anything to say today yet I am compelled to write. Well, at least nothing that would qualify as a story or anecdote or at the very least, interesting. Instead I will regale you with the random thoughts that pop out of my head.

I want to buy Christmas presents for people I don't know. Do you ever do that? I think sometimes, "Ohhh....I should buy that for Mopey Chick, she'd love that plush Darth Vader M & M guy!" But I don't really know Mopey Chick. So it might be weird. I do that for my imaginary internet friends and sometimes celebritites too. I also imagine what I would buy for my family if money were no object. How about a private Rolling Stones conert, Lala???

When I drive to work on the Northeast extension sometimes I just want to scrape my car along the cement wall that seperates the North and Southbound lanes. I don't really want to mess up my car, I just want to see what will happen. I suppose I would probably end up dying in a fiery wreck, so I guess I'll just leave that to my imagination.

I wear high heels to work everyday. I hate heels. I don't know why I wear them. Probably because I feel like all other types of shoes make me look like a dumpy schoolmarm. My legs hurt. I will probably have vericose veins when I am old.

I have tons of ideas about things to write about at night, but I'm too lazy and/or too tired to get up and write. I would get a tape recorder to quickly capture my thoughts but I'm afraid my husband will think I'm nuts. Sometimes I don't think he really gets my creative side.

I like to dance when I am alone in my house. I just jump around like I'm spastic and retarded. I suppose this would be good exercise if I could actually keep it up for more than a few minutes, but I am really out of shape. Sometimes I think I should tape myself because it's probably hysterical, but I am scared that it might be just plain sad.

I am stopped at every turn by my lack of money. I don't mean to say that I am unhappy or ungrateful for what I have, I just mean that there are basic things I want to do, but I can't because money is so tight. For example, I want to paint my bedroom, but I have to wait until my next payday to buy the paint. Paint's not that expensive, but the money we have currently is budgeted for groceries and bills. I hate being on a budget. I don't need to be rich, I just want to be able to go to the store and buy the few things I want when I want them.

I guess that's all for now. I know this post was a jumbled mess. I will try to be more organized for you tomorrow.

19 Comments:

Blogger starbender said...

I hate being on a budget too!
I used 2 love christmas, but with 5 children and a budget, I have come to really dislike christmas alot. That is so sad 2 me, but seeing what my children WANT 4 christmas, and what I can get them, seems 2 B 2 different things!
It is just 2 commercial anymore!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

Sherri! Are we twins?! The job thing? The name? The budgeting? The wanting to paint?

My kitchen is just screaming to be either yellow or red and I just can't help it right now....

I will buy you an imaginary internet gift for Christmas, okay?

11:10 AM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

I SOOOOOO feel your pain. I made sure to go to Kmart early this morning so I wouldn't miss out on the pink plastic barbie airplane that was on sale for 5 bucks (Tuesday only!) Jeesh. That'll be Kate's big gift this year. At least our kids are still too young to know the difference between cheap and expensive toys!

In a few years, when they're all out of daycare, it won't be so bad. Of course by then, we all might be destitute.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Shari, Please buy me an imaginary Christmas present. I would love that! How about a 10 lb. box of imaginary candy? I love chocolate and this way it won't make me fat.

What would you like?

Starbender, I know...budgets suck! 5 kids??? How do you manage?

PreppyGirl, I have spent outrageous amounts of money on Power Rangers. And unfortunately my 3 year old would know the difference if I got a cheap knock off.

Oh well.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

We try to get ourselves as little as possible and spend what we can on th kids. We also set aside a little bit for charity as well. This way the kids grow up knowing there are people out there that get nothing sometimes. Hopefully they'll appreciate what they get as they get a little older taht way.

Just make the whole thing about family and not gifts and you may find you like it all over again.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

RainyPete,

You are so right. I had my son help me gather up all of his old toys. I told him we were giving them to kids that had no toys (even though most of them ended up in the trash). Hopefully he got the lesson.

We give each month to St. Jude, I figure that covers me for the year! Even on the holidays.

I agree with making the holiday about family. Let clarigy by saying that I love Christmas, I just hate Christmas shopping.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

"Let clargy" - Sherri translation....

"Let me clarify"

That's for those of you who don't speak "Sherri".

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shari, you can't be twins with Sherri because I wanna be twins! Triplets, perhaps? Excellent post -- my thoughts exactly. I'm going to go make a list of imaginary Christmas gifts for my cyber-friends! I can splurge because it's only cybermoney!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

We can be triplets. No fighting! I claim the role of "boss" in this sisterhood since I am clearly the oldest. And I drive a minivan and that just screams "responsible", doesn't it?

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, I am SO the oldest, I'll bet.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

35.

It might by my age.

It might be the distance around my hips (HAHAHAHAHAHA).

That's all I'm sayin'.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

gee. I can't type today.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

You know, I'm really a natural born leader....but oh, well. Age does come before beauty.... ;)

I am totally happy to be a triplet. How cool is it going to be to say, "Nice to meet you, I'm Shari. A triplet."

Cool.

And Wordnerd? What do you want as an imaginary internet gift this year? Remember, anything for family.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I think I'll take my imaginary savings and send you three new triplets on an imaginary vacation to somewhere totally awesome.

But only if you share your imaginary chocolate with me :)

And I totally dance around my house too! And once I was feeling nostalgic and bought a hula hoop. Believe it or not, it is great exercise! Although my roommates thought I was rather odd...

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Megan, I have e-mailed your package to you, and you can expect an exquisitely wrapped ten-pound box of chocolates. . .

Sherri. 46. And that had better not be ANY sort of measurement on my body.

Ok, sisters. Let me know what you want for cyberChristmas. The sky really is the limit, you know. . .

5:03 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Wordnerd, I actually pictured you as a 29-34. I guess you write young. And there is the fact that I assume everyone is the same age as me, because, well, the entire world (or at least mine) revolves around me.

I will resign myself to being the bossy middle sister who gets ignored, since you are clearly the eldest and Shari is a "born leader". Oh well, easy come easy go.

P.S. Can I get a new car? The minivan is getting old. Thanks.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's yours. Name the make & model. By the way, I do write young, think young, act young, and do not not look my age. No one can believe I'm 46. And I don't mean that in a vain, self centered way --I just look younger. Now get shopping for my presents!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

I want a hovercraft! (and I am all about the imaginary internet vacation megan! Sent me the itinerary as soon as it is confirmed!)

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know how you feel with the money issues. our lack of money definitely makes me feel trapped.

i also know what you mean about buying stuff for people. there's lots of webbernet friends that i would love to buy for, but i don't know them in reality and it hink that would just be wierd.

plus, you know, no money.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.