Friday, September 16, 2005

Things That Suck - The Week of Sept. 12

Here's my list of things that suck for this week:

1. Watching specials on September 11th and realizing that you will never be over it as you sit alone on your couch crying like a baby for all those lost.

2. Getting completely drenched on your way into work because you were too stupid to buy an unbrella after the last time you got drenched on your way into work.

3. Eating your lunch alone in the lunchroom and the office nerd walks in and you have to eat with him because it would be too rude to get up and leave. (And just FYI - it's REALLY disgusting to watch him eat.)

4. Not knowing how to do some of your new job duties and finding out after you ask for help the absolutely NO ONE where you work knows how to do it either.

5. Gas Prices.....need I say more.

6. Scaring the shit out of yourself because you have been home alone for two weeks and instead of getting more comfortable with it you get more and more paranoid everyday.

I'll explain this one.....

As many of you know I had to break into my house a couple of weeks ago. So I was home alone the night before last. It had been raining and it was really muggy outside. There was a tremendous amount of condensation on all the windows of the house. I go into the kitchen to let the dog out the back door when I stop dead in my tracks.

There are two hand prints on the kitchen window. It looks like someone has been standing there peering in at me. My blood runs cold. I have those few seconds where I stop breathing and my heart skips a few beats.

OHMIGOD!!! What do I do? Could they still be out there? Should I call the police?

Then it dawns on me......

Those are my handprints from when I locked my dumb ass out of the house and had to climb through the kitchen window. I just shook my head in shame and let the dog out.

Hope you have a great weekend! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger princess slea said...

how about #7. Having to choose between going to yucky old Cancun with your husband who you see everyday but who needs your love and support or going to Las Vegas and partying with your friends who you haven't seen in a decade and who are tons more fun. Bummer.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Ladyred said...

i like this idea! my things that suck list though would probably be the same every week LOL. i just recently started college FULL TIME so i kind of feel in a similar situation as you starting a new job. i know no one. but here they are all *kids* and i am feeling REALLY old when i know i'm not. i'm wondering how to fit in without looking like an *old* lady trying to fit in haha! i seem to be a natural pessimist so when i look out, all i see is the next two years of not having any friends. but i know that can't be right, can it?

9:36 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Re: Gas prices

There's a sign going around to the effect of:

"You know the world has changed when your car's drink costs more than yours".

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.