Thursday, September 08, 2005

Mean People Suck

I might be just a touch wasted as I write this so bear with me if I ramble. I have had one hell of a BAD day. It resulted in retail therapy and two rather large ultimate margaritas. Let me recap for you:

I was a little depressed this morning. My husband went to Mississippi to help out with the hurricane relief effort and we decided since he would be in the same town as my parents that he would take the kids. It's only for two weeks and they really enjoy spending time with Grammy and Pawpaw, but I'm a little lonely. When you're used to two little ones running around, a quiet house can be a little overwhelming.

As most of you know I have a new job. I work for the owner of the company. The president of the company's office is right outside of the executive suite where my office is located. His assistant also has a desk there. On Friday, my boss and the president were gone. The president's assistant, who shall now be known as MegaBiatch, was complaining that she had to be at the office because she had to oversee some people coming in who were going to be stuffing envelopes in the conference room for a personal charity of the president. I said, "Wow, so the owner let's him do that here? That's nice."

Apparently what I said got turned around by MegaBiatch to the president, who shall now be known as Rather Large Annoying Ass (or RLAA for short), and he tore me a new one this morning. Apparently he thought I was questioning his right to use the conference room. He was yelling at me so loudly that it could be heard down the hall. He told me, "You have no right to question me. I am the president of the company. You weren't hired to be a detective." He then said a few choice things and closed with, "I hope we have many happy years working together."

I was so freakin' mad. I wanted to tell him off. And you know what I said????

I fucking apologized. For something I didn't even do. So then the more I thought about it the madder I got. And of course when I get mad......I cry.

So I'm sitting at my new job crying, feeling like a total asshole. My boss comes in that afternoon and I told him what happened. And you know what he did???

He actually defended me. He was awesome.

So then as I am finally feeling better about the day my friend from my old job, who invited me to a party on Saturday at her house, emails me to univite me. She talked to her husband last night and he feels that other people where I used to work would feel uncomfortable due to the circumstances of my leaving. WTF???

Some friend, huh?

So then I was upset again.

So I did what any normal girl would do in the same situation. I called a REAL girlfriend. One who actually gives a shit. We went shopping and the had some rather large adult beverages. Thanks R. I feel better.

5 Comments:

Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Damn those spammers! Well, that sucks about those people in your office. What the hell? At least your boss defends you and he's the one who matters most.

And who the hell would uninvite someone from a party just because your former co-workers would be there? If they are uncomfortable that's their problem.

Enjoy your alone time. Someday soon you'll be missing it.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

Oh, Sherri, that SUCKS!

I've had those days--recently, even, as you know! And there's nothing you can do except keep putting one foot in front of the other. People will be people--they will be stupid, and petty-minded, and mean, and uncomfortable with themselves and others, and they'll make it YOUR problem--which just leaves you to smile, pull your head up high, look terrific, and go on with your life. Good luck.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

Also, your last post about "professional" just cracked me up, and I hope you feel a little justified, but that kind of injustice is tough to let go--I always have a hard time. In fact, I think I'll post about it!

And I know EXACTLY what you mean when you get mad and frustrated, you want to cry. So do I.

9:43 AM  
Blogger NME said...

Aarwenn gave some awesome advice. And giant margaritas and retail thereapy are excellent temporary solutions.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

You know what really sucks? Is knowing that you are mad, crying anyway, and desperately wanting to tell everyone you are MAD not SAD and JUST LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY! I hate that soooo much - no one ever believes you!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.