Monday, September 19, 2005

My Brush With The Devil

There are some people that just creep me out. I don’t know what it is about them. I’m sure everyone knows someone like that. The person that creeps me out just happens to frequent my favorite night club. Unfortunately, he looks just how I imagine the devil would look in human form.

A few weeks ago I was out with some girlfriends when I looked across the bar and saw a guy that made my skin crawl. He had shoulder length black hair, thick black eyebrows and the darkest eyes I have ever seen. He was on the short side and just had an evil air about him. I can’t describe it any other way except that he literally made me feel physically uncomfortable.

I pointed him out to my friends. “Look, that guy looks like the devil, doesn’t he?”

Everyone agreed that he would get the role in a cheesy “B” movie. I avoided him all evening and went home.

This past Saturday I was at the same club. I was standing with a friend when all of a sudden I hear, “Hello. My name is Angelo. Am I bothering you?”

It was the devil.

He would have been scary except his voice was very lispy and feminine. I guess he was trying to pick me up, but I think the look of disbelief along with my lack of response at any of his questions deterred him.

He must have stood and talked to me for 2 or 3 minutes and I just stood there and stared. Later I was told that my eyes were about as wide as they would go and I just looked scared. Eventually he went away.

Later that evening I was talking to another girl that I had just met through some friends. “Eww….there’s that devil guy,” I said as he walked by.

“Oh, you mean, ‘I’m Angelo am I bothering you’?” my new friend asked.

“Shit. That’s what he said to me. That’s a terrible pick up line!” I exclaimed.

“I know. We all just told him that he was bothering us and to go away.”

Now this may seem mean, but here’s a word of advice for all you guys. (This really pertains to everyone whether you resemble the devil or not.) If you want to pick up a girl don’t say, “Hi. Am I bothering you?” Just doesn’t come across as confident.

And if you do look like the devil…..maybe a goth club would better fit your lifestyle. Just a thought.

4 Comments:

Blogger ChickyBabe said...

That's so creepy! And such a loser... First the toll booth guy, now the devil. Bad things come in 3s, better watch out! :)

7:31 AM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

I once had a guy in Southport try to pick me up with "Where do you get a print like that?" referring to the pattern on my shirt. Tom still loves to tease me about that one.

Best pick up line ever? "So, I hear you like beer!" -- I married that one.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I can totally see you doing that! He was the devil inside...

4:36 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Glitterglam: Isn't it funny that you totally know someone from the internet???

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.