Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Turning Point

Have you ever had a clarifying moment in your life?

I define it as a moment due to a realization or maybe an experience where the light bulb goes on….you hear the ding….the AHA!!

I had one of those last night. In a split second my entire life changed. I am a completely different person and will never be the same again. I feel weaker and stronger all at the same time.

I can’t really describe exactly what happened because that is too personal. What I can say is that I am scared and excited…..sad and happy…..mournful and hopeful….all at the same time. And it’s all wrapped up in one big ball of pretty (that’s me, ya’ll). :)

So to take away a little of the mystery…..I am getting a divorce. I am quitting my job. I am moving to Florida.

Wow….feels good to say it. Now it’s out there. It’s real.

I know that things will be difficult. They will probably even be worse before they are better. But I know without a doubt that I can do this.

So here’s to me and my next adventure.

10 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

WOW.
Though I don't actually know you, this is shocking, and I'm sorry to hear it. However, I admire your attitude and resolve.

Here IS to you and your next adventure!

8:32 AM  
Blogger The Mad Hoosier said...

WOW is right. I don't know you or your family well enough to comment...other than to say Good Luck to you! Stay Safe.

8:44 AM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Say hello to good old FLA for me. I truly miss it. Wish I was there to give you a big boob smashing hug. Glad the future looks brighter for you. Chin up and good luck baby.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

wow, honey, everytime I think my life is constantly shifting and dumping on me, you cheer me up. you seem to positively EMBRACE hard times. can I grow up to be you?

1:50 PM  
Blogger fatrobot said...

florida has nice oranges
nice aligators
and nice beaches

3:00 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Good luck, if you are excited so am I. :)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Thanks to everyone for all the positive comments....I really appreciate it.

And Favor8...you really know what a girl needs, don't you? :)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Quote: "Every new beginning comes from some other new beginning's end."

Stay Gold!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oh Wow....what a change. I stay off the computer for a few days and this happens...wow. Like others said, I don't really know you, but wow, I never expected to see this on here. Are your kids going with you?

8:34 AM  
Blogger Yoda said...

Boy, I go away for a couple weeks and everything changes. It sorta lends credence to the theory that I am, actually, the Center of the Universe.

Sherri, I am truly sorry to hear (read) about so many sudden changes.

I have a feeling you'll be fine.

~Krt

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.