Saturday, August 26, 2006

Customer Service Sucks

My husband and I have wanted a new bed for about 2 years now. Coincidentally, this was about 3 days after we bought our last bed.

I’m sure we’ve all been through it….buy something, get so excited about it, actually get it and use it, realize its crap.

Well, we finally broke down and got a new bed. Well, we didn’t exactly get a new bed, we ordered a new bed.

We ordered a new bed on August 6th.

It’s August 26th.

I still don’t have a new bed.

Isn’t it amazing the level of customer service you receive when you are a potential buyer? The salesman caters to your every whim, gives you gift certificates for free food and ice cream at the other stores in the mall, even offers to watch your screaming children while you decide between the 3000 and 5000 model.

And then you have a problem.

And. no. one. can. help. you.

Let me back up a bit.

My husband and I went to the select comfort store to buy a sleep number bed. He likes a firmer mattress; I prefer the cushy pillow top. We got a pillow top last time and now we are left with a mattress that resembles something to the effect of two shallow ditches on either side of small hill. Not exactly comfortable. So no pillow top this time.

This time we decided on a sleep number bed. The beauty of comfort at the push of a button.

Except I have no button. Because I have no mattress.

Well, I could have had a mattress today. The wrong mattress.

When the delivery guy got here today he brought me two twins. I ordered a King.

So tonight once again, while I wait on the customer service gods to smile down on me, I will climb into my shallow ditch and fight all night against the small hill beside me every time I try to roll over in my sleep.

Because customer service sucks!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been ranting about customer "service" myself ... hope it all works out for ya!

9:20 PM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Ya know, we have a nicely expensive pillow top too and the same thing happened. Two ditches on either side of a plateau. What is UP with that? And we rotate and flip that thing religiously. Ya know, two twins put together is the same size as a King - Maybe they don't even sell a King! Hope it works out for ya.

BTW, please send an e-mail with details of the new house, new job, new you! Kisses...

7:46 AM  
Blogger Stew Magoo said...

We got a Select Comfort a while ago. Not too impressed. It was great at first but now, not so much.

You changed your picture and now I can't comment on seeing your boobies. I'm very disappointed (hehehe).

Your weatherpixie is flirting with me too. Please tell her that I am married and already have two weatherpixies that won't leave. It's distressing.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm eager to hear how you like the sleep number bed...that is when you get it. Hubby has been angling for one for a while, but I can't bring myself to spend that much on a bed that the dog will spend more time on than we will.

10:24 AM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

SHERRI - COME BACK!!!

3:27 PM  
Blogger rennratt said...

Any luck with that bed yet? It has been a month and a half now; I hope that it finally arrived!

3:56 PM  
Blogger *~*Michelle*~* said...

She must be stuck in the shallow ditch!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Yoda said...

TWO YEARS!!!!!!!

Miss you!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.