Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Busy

Ohmigod, Ya'll. I am SO BUSY!

Seriously.

I have not forgotten you.

My boss has determined that I don't do enough work. Apparently, sweating because you are working so hard at a desk job, taking 5 minutes for lunch, and doing the amount of work that 3 people would do is not proof enough that you are busy. Therefore, I must take on additional tasks.

And get phone calls at home.

At 10pm.

From my boss.

Asking me about luggage allowances for his trip to Hawaii.

So anyway, as I said.....I'm busy.

I still love you all and am missing you.

I'll be back soon. My aforementioned boss will be on vacation next week, so I'll have a little time then.

Don't forget me!

~S

8 Comments:

Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Oh sure... up and leave us!
Missing you...

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kindly and calmly explain to said boss that you are glad to be of assistance, but when your job gets in the way of your blogging, well, he's just going to have to give a little. Try it. He'll understand.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you would be perfectly justified in couting phone calls you receive at home from your boss as "billable time".

Maybe Hawaii will slow this guy down a little...

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes...We don't answer the phone at 10:00...especially if it were from a boss!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

You are clearly indispensable! :-)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Sleepless Mama said...

I'm with 3carnations. After ten, don't answer.

But if you're the type who MUST answer the phone, in case it's an emergency or something, you could always try answering it in your ohmygodwhat'stheemergency voice, and act all panicky, and then when he says, "Relax, it's just a question about a luggage allowance," you can say, "Oh. I thought anyone calling at this hour would surely be calling with something of medical urgency." He'll get the hint. Unless he's REALLY dim. Which, I suspect, might be the case.

Or you can, you know, tell him that calling late at night wakes up your children. People tend to get shamefaced when they realize their inconsiderate behavior is waking up sleeping children.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

I will always check on you, sis.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Kingfisher said...

Seems everyone's been too busy, too apathetic, or too depressed to blahg lately. You'll be back, and we'll be waiting.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.