Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm here! I'm here!

What?

I'm here.

Thanks to those of you who reached out to let me know you missed me. I've missed me to.

Seriously. Being crazy busy ain't fun.

Anywhoo...I have two recents events that I thought I'd share with you that are somewhat humorous to me.

First.....

THE TOMATO DRAMA!

My coworker called and ordered lunch. I requested turkey club, no tomato. Not that difficult, right?

Apparently it is.

Ten minutes later the restaurant called back. My coworker comes to me and says, "Sherri, you're never going to believe this, but the restaurant is on the phone and they said that they can't take the tomato off of your sandwich."

I thought she was pulling my leg so I went to the phone. Sure enough it was the restaurant.

"Hello," I said. "Is there something wrong with my order?"

"Uh, yes. We can't make your sandwich with no tomato," the restaurant guy replied.

"And why is that?" I asked.

"We already have the sandwiches made in the morning."

"So you can't just take the tomato off?" I asked.

"No," he replied. "You would have to call the day before and put in your order."

What??? All this for no tomato!

"Let me get this straight. You're telling me that you can't take the sandwich, take off the top piece of bread, remove the tomato, and replace the bread?"

*big sigh* "Hold on," he said.

He comes back to the phone.

"Okay. I talked to the girl. She said she'd do it."

WTF?

Is it some major event to remove a tomato from a sandwich? And how the hell am I supposed to know what I want for lunch tomorrow? And thanks for letting me know that your crappy sandwiches are pre-made. I won't be eating there again!

Next was.....

VENDING MACHINE FAUX PAS!

I went down to the vending machine and the vending machine guy was filling it. I picked out a candy bar, went to give him my money and he said,"Don't worry about it. Let me buy you one."

Great! I thanked him and went upstairs.

As I was walking by another employees desk I said, "It's great to go to the vending machine when the guy is filling it. You get free stuff!"

"What?" she replies. "I was just down there and I didn't get anything for free."

Oops.

There was this awkward silence as we both gave each other the once over and silently realized why I got something for free and she didn't.

Nothing else was said.

So that's what's been going on. Not much. Just crazy busy work, stupid restaurant employees and me putting my foot in my mouth. Just a normal day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

Hello!

Hi!

I'm so pleased you're back!

4:19 PM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Hey Sherri-baby,

Good to have you back, sans tomato and all.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! She's back!

We missed ya! And I'm dyin' here about the tomato.

8:53 PM  
Blogger rennratt said...

Welcome back! We missed you!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't freakin' believe the tomato story.

"Look down at the end of your arm... what do you see? Fingers? Good. Place your fingers on the top bun of the sandwich. Remove the bun. Locate tomato. Pick tomato up. Discard. Replace top bun. There. Was. That. So. Fargin'. Hard???

The whole thing reminds me of that Spongebob Squarepants movie (Yeah, I saw it) where the one customer gets the crabby patty without the cheese on it...

2:35 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

The tomato thing is definitely the stuff of sitcom gold. Love how 'the girl' is doing you some kind of favor. "Yeah, she said she'd do it."

Welcome back!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.