Thursday, August 24, 2006

5 Months

I just realized that it has been 5 months since I last posted.....5 months!!!

Geesh! Time flies when you're busy.

Here's a brief synopsis of what I have done over the past 5 months:

1. Gave notice to my boss who offered me a 15K raise to stay. Turned him down.
2. Interviewed 52 people for my boss to find a replacement. Individuals were turned away for the following reasons (by him, not me):

a. Too fat
b. Too thin
c. Too old
d. Too young
e. Too blonde
f. Too dark
g. Fingernails were too “squared”
h. Too hard
i. Too tall
j. Too short
k. Had a moustache (female)
l. Looked too “manly”
m. Too professional looking
n. Not professional enough
o. Not pretty enough
p. Too pretty
q. Seems “strange”
r. Seems too nice
s. Not nice enough
t. Eyebrows were too thick
u. Wasn’t married
v. Didn’t have kids
w. Had too many kids
x. Too “ethnic”
y. Too bookish
z. Not me

3. Worked until the day before I actually moved and the packers were already at the house.

4. Moved from Pennsylvania to Florida.

5. Got a new job (Director of Human Resources, thank you very much!)

6. Husband deployed.

7. Dealing with full-time job, part-time (online) job and two kids alone.

8. One child has chronic diarrhea (this may be the worst item on the list).

So that’s about it. That’s what I’ve done the past 5 months. Now I’m here and settled and hopefully life will regain some normalcy. We shall see.

Hopefully, I’ll keep you posted.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kingfisher said...

IT'S ALIVE!

Congrats on the DoHR! (Even tho it's a job that would make me slit my wrists.)

And your last boss sounds like a real dick. $15k? Even $50k wouldn't be enough.

9:07 PM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Welcome back baby! I missed you...

7:23 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I can't believe you're back! I never thought this day would come! (sniffs) I'm verklempt!

Seriously, welcome back. Glad to hear from you, and about your new surroundings, but sorry your husband is out. I know you are proud of him, I just mean I'm sorry you and the boys must be missing him.

I look forward to catching up with you!
-Erica

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I read your blog occasionally prior to your hiatus, but stopped just now by via Preppygirl, because she seems to have good taste in bloggers (and friends).

Love the interview problem list. Employers seem to have so many criteria to by which to judge potential employees...It's amazing how few of them are actually related to integrity or qualifications.

What type of part time internet job do you do (I'm always interested in possible home ventures)?

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo!!! You're back! Welcome -- we've missed you! Can't wait to catch up with you!

11:24 AM  
Blogger princess slea said...

hey sherri, are you too far away to drive to prep's house in november?

glad you're back online, now does your new employer care if you MSN about poop, penises, and other pressing matters during work hours?

12:19 PM  
Blogger -R- said...

Hey, I'm over here based on Preppy's recommendation. My favorite item on your list is nails too "squared." I hate when employees have square-ish nails! Such an important but often overlooked workplace issue.

3:37 PM  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Came by as per Preppy's suggestion.

Hope you'll enjoy FL and that your child feels better real soon!

Good luck!

8:19 PM  
Blogger rennratt said...

THERE you are! We have missed you.

Welcome back.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Yoda said...

Sherri!!! I've missed you!

(You already knew that.)

~Kurt

4:39 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

Oh, sis....I am tearing up.

You're....back....

*sob*

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.