Thursday, December 08, 2005

It Seemed So Real

"So how old are you? 22?"

"Um, no." I replied. "I'm a bit older."

"25?"

"No."

"Higher?" He asked in disbelief.

I nodded my head.

"28?" His voice went an octive higher.

I shook my head this time and gave him that 'aren't I cute, can you really believe I'm this old when I look so good' smile.

"30????" He cried.

As I was about to open my mouth to give an affirmative reply it hit me.....I'm NOT 30. I'm 35. Oh shit!

And then I woke up.

It was a dream. An extremely vivid dream. But it is also the truth. I am shocked when people ask me my age and I have to reply '35'.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yoda said...

I know how you feel. I go through my day, happy as the proverbial clam, and then I catch my reflection in something. HOLY CRAP! IS THAT ME???

Life is not fair.

Nobody gets dealt an even hand.

~Kurt

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you just have no idea. . .

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People think it's funny that I forget my age. Truth is, nobody ever really asks, so I do forget it. I'll sit and wonder "Am I 35 this year or 36?"

Congrats on someone mistaking you for a 22-yr old! How cool is that?

PS: You're really only as old as you feel inside, which makes me an octagenarian some of the time, and a teenager on most days.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.