Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Puke, Poop and Coughing....Oh My!

I haven’t posted in awhile and I am fully aware that I am slacking. I have been unseasonably busy at work. I thought the holidays were the time to slack. Apparently no one told my boss.

Besides my crazy work schedule I have been dealing with:

1. A pukey baby. I love him, but when they puke….not so cute. And of course he puked on the carpet the day after it was cleaned.

2. A ridiculous (eh hem…channeling Forrest Gump) “cough due to cold”. I have to continuously drink water so that I don’t get that tickle in my throat that throws me into a 10 minute coughing fit, but when the fit finally does hit I have drank so much water that I pee my pants before I can get to the bathroom. Seriously. It’s just gross. I mean who really wants to sit at work for 6 more hours with pee pee pants? Hmmmm???

3. Poop on my floor. My husband and I go to my work Christmas party (on a work night….ugh) and get home at 11:30. We are tired and ready to go to bed. So what happens? The toilet clogs. But not only does it clog, it overflows. And it wasn’t a #1 that stopped it up if you know what I mean. My husband is furiously plunging the toilet as the water quickly turns to brown and the stinky, murky, chunk-filled water starts its sickening descent onto the floor. I rush to the linen closet and pull out about 15 towels to stop the flow before it reaches the carpet. Just gross.

So that’s how my week has been. How’s yours going?

Oh….and Merry Christmas! :0)

7 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Oh you poor thing. Instead of 'when it rains it pours,' it's 'when it pees it also poops.' or something like that. I'm sorry!

Sorry you and your little one aren't feeling well, either, but off-days are just ahead. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I had it bad, what with all the sleep deprivation and heavy workload, but you take the cake for the "Bad Week Award".

I hope your Christmas goes better!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

Oh yuck. I'm sick too, but you have things way worse than me. Sorry!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Thanks guys....but it's really not THAT bad. I am looking forward to the 3 day weekend and playing with all my kids new toys! :)

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girlfriend,I hope your weekend rocks!

2:00 PM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Yucky! Last time our toilet backed up they literally had to pull the toilet off the floor and run this huge line down to unclog it. $250.00 later, we were flushing freely again.

And the pukey kid - he must've caught it from Kate all the way over here. Uggh. Have a great Christmas baby!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh. my. god. ew.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.