Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Old

I really don’t know what the deal is. I used to not have to worry about things like this, but I realize the older I get the more my body is just falling apart.

I have so many gray hairs I truly can’t keep up with the hair color.

I am sitting here right now in pain because I ate a banana. A freakin’ banana! And don’t think gallbladder you all-knowing ladies, cause I already had that removed.

UGH! Aging sucks. Why can’t we just get to a fully grown point and just stop there? Why do we have to reach a peak and then decline?

You spend your whole young life waiting to grow up and as soon as you are there…Bam! The jokes on you, you get old.

I can’t eat Mexican, Chinese or anything fried without pain. I drink wine I get heartburn. And let’s not even talk about other….um….lower functions. I just don’t think I can handle potty humor today.

And what’s with back pain and creaking joints?

So I trudged out to the car through the snow today, bundled up in my coat, scarf and gloves and dragged my old ass to work, feeling gassy and bloated because I ate a banana.

How are you?

4 Comments:

Blogger princess slea said...

What about no longer being able to go out, have a "few" drinks, and laugh without peeing your pants? When I cough, I have to brace myself (of course that is more owed to having kids than growing old).
I hear myself sounding just like my mom when I say "oh, that hurts my back". There is a great number of things I can no longer do because it hurts my back. I'm getting that boob redux and see if that helps (somehow I think it's just age).
On the bright side, it is better to get old than the alternative.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

What is it with the pain that comes with sleeping? I hate that.

Maybe it's inherited genetically, eh sis?

11:47 AM  
Blogger Yoda said...

Sherri,

You're too young for all that! :-)

~Kurt

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Sigh.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.