Wednesday, October 19, 2005

More About Me....

I was tagged by Mary a loooong time ago (as in September 12th) to complete this and in keeping with a life-long addiction with procrastination, well, I’m finally doing it.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Ten years ago I was still a kid. Well, not really a kid, I was 24. But I certainly wasn’t an adult. I was single, working as a waitress at a place called R.J. Gator’s in Boynton Beach, FL. I was in between colleges. I had my AA but wasn’t quite motivated enough to finish my BA yet.

Ten years ago I hadn’t met a certain guy that would probably single-handedly screw up my life for many years to come. That didn’t happen for about 5 more months.

Ten years ago I was living with my sister who promptly, and justifiably, kicked me out. This may have had something to do with the fact that I never paid my bills or cleaned up after myself.

Ten years ago I was just 3 days shy of getting a tattoo that I thought was cool, cried about, and then thought was cool again.

Ten years ago I had a very unrealistic idea of where I would be in ten years.

Where were you five years ago?

Five years ago I was still a newlywed.

Five years ago I had completed my BA. I used it for a couple years, realized it wasn’t making me any money and changed careers. I ended up working in the operations office for a Navy flight training squadron. This is the place where all the young “dreaming of being a hero” student pilots go to learn the art of Naval Aviation.

Five years ago I was only 5 days shy of turning 30.

Five years ago I wanted nothing more than to be a mother.

Where were you one year ago?


One year ago at this time I was still on an extended maternity leave with my second son.

One year ago I had just completed my Master’s degree (which I’m still not using, by the way).

One year ago I had no idea how fast a year can go by and how much more I could grow to love my children.

What are your five favorite snacks?

1. Doritos
2. Popcorn
3. M&M’s
4. Bagel with Peanut Butter
5. Pizza (not really a “snack” per say, but I love it!)

What are five songs that you know all the words?

Only five???

1. Like We Never Loved At All – Faith Hill
2. Romeo and Juliet – Indigo Girls
3. Real Fine Place to Start – Sara Evans
4. Something More – Sugarland
5. Sponge Bob Square Pants – The Weird Captain/Sailor Guy

What are five things you’d do with 100 million dollars?

1. Pay off all my family’s bills
2. Open a business
3. Start a gifting foundation – people in the community could apply for gifts/loans
4. Build my dream house
5. Travel

What five places do you like to run away to?

1. There was this place by the lake where I used to live in high school that I would walk to whenever I was sad or angry
2. As a teenager I used to love to drive my car up the intracoastal
3. My bed - sometimes sleep is best
4. The mall – retail therapy people
5. The refrigerator – sometimes you just need some comfort food (not really a place, I know)

What are five things you would never wear?

1. Platform shoes
2. A banana clip
3. Culottes
4. Dark blue with Black (I hate that!)
5. Facial Piercings

What are your five favorite TV shows?

1. Lost
2. Commander in Chief
3. Battlestar Galactica
4. The Office
5. The Apprentice

What are your five biggest joys?

1. My children
2. My family
3. An unexpected phone call from a friend
4. A lazy afternoon on the couch
5. Reading

What are your five favorite toys?

1. Tivo (is that a toy? I can’t live without it!)
2. I have just realized that I don’t have anything that I would classify as a toy….I need to go shopping.
3., 4., and 5. TBD

Five people to pass this on to:

1. Yoda
2. PreppyGirl
3. Princess
4. Mopey Chick
5. Shari

:)

3 Comments:

Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Is that how you spell Culottes? I always thought it was like, "Koolats" or something. Guess I never had to spell it before acutally!

I love your list. On to my own...

3:34 PM  
Blogger princess slea said...

I accept the tag. I'm in need of a diversion right now anyway.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Yoda said...

And here I was looking for inspiration this evening.

I rise to your challenge, O Sherri.

~Kurt

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.