Friday, May 20, 2005

Dubya Had Me At Hello

First let me say that this is not a political rant. While I have a preference for red and I am a registered Republican…..this post has nothing to do with politics.

I have a crush on the president.

That’s right, George W., this one’s for you.

I was raised in a political family. My father was an elected official and I thought nothing of the fact that he was on the nightly news more nights than not. I guess maybe that’s why I view individuals in those types of positions of power….well….sexy.

(Is this somehow Freudian and gross? Not sure.)

I had the same high school crushes as other girls. I liked Bono and Simon LeBon and all the other MTV rock star wannabe’s. (Yes, it was the 80's.) But what really got my blood pumping was a sexy politician.

George W.’s not the first. I had a father crush on Reagan. I grew up loving that man. When the news broke in with the special report that he had died I actually started to sob. Not sure where those emotions came from, but it was some place deep. It was a little disconcerting, too. Oh well, guess I am a little strange.

But back to the subject of George W…..

See there are levels of crushes, Mr. Secret Service Man who is now reading this to determine if I am a threat to national security, and this one is purely innocent.

Let me explain:

First take a look at this graph. I have color-colded it similar to the Terror Alert system for simplicity.

Example

(Whoa! That came out really big! Anywhoo.....)

Not sure why, but when George W. gets up to talk I am enthralled. I actually kind of like the verbal slip-ups and funny terms like “evil-doers”. I find them endearing.

My more liberal friends don't seem to understand. Most conversations go a little something like this:


(George W. comes on TV)

Me: (Big sigh and wistful look) I love him.

Liberal Friend: What??? The president?

Me: Yep. I love him.

Liberal Friend: Why? He's so ignorant.

Me: But I love the man he is. And the man I know he can be.

Liberal Friend: Isn't that from Jerry Maguire?

Me: Ummm......yeah. I don't know. I just want to hang out with him.

Liberal Friend: But he isn't even good looking.

Me: It's not sexual. It's more like puppy dogs and bunnies.

Liberal Friend: You are a freak.

Me: I know. I just love him.

****

See, totally innocent.

So, Mr. President, if you are reading this.... I would really like to buy you a beer.

Really. You can pick the place. And if you don't feel like going out I can come to the White House.

Just let me know. Whatever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yoda said...

I know what you mean exactly.

My mom has her PhD, so I'm not the least bit intimidated by smart women.

I have a similar thing for Ann Colter that has nothing to do with her being tall, blonde and pretty, and everything to do with her being smart and funny.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

So where did Clinton rank on that scale? :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I can honestly say that there isn't even a glimmer of a crush for Clinton. Although I did find him amusing and absolutely love when SNL parodies him. :)

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.