Friday, July 01, 2005

In Defense Of Men....

This one is for all you guys out there.

It’s a common fact that when women get together there is typically a lot of man-bashing that goes on. We compare and contrast which husband or boyfriend does what. “My husband doesn’t ever pick up after himself. My boyfriend was looking at another girl. My husband never helps with the kids”. And on and on it goes.

But what about the other side of the story? What about the man’s point of view. Well I’m here to tell you…..you guys have nothing on some women. There are some women out there that will make a sloppy husband who never helps with the kids look like a saint. These women piss me off. Let me explain.

I am very aware that in our PC world, feminism and equality are considered a necessity. That’s fine. But what about common courtesy, compassion and caring? What about giving a guy a fair break and not treating him like shit just because it’s okay for women to “live their own lives”.

Example 1:

My coworker is going through a difficult phase. His wife, who he loves very much, is a psycho. I don’t mean she’s difficult. I mean she is a shrew. She doesn’t work, never cleans the house, and expects him to cook dinner and take care of the kids when he gets home. She does whatever she wants, spends more money than he makes, and yells at him that he doesn’t do enough. Ummm…..when is he supposed to do more?

Example 2:

My good friend’s wife cheated on him and lied to him about money. She went as far as having the address changed on the credit cards so that the bills wouldn’t come to the house and he wouldn’t know what she had charged and that they hadn’t been paid. He didn’t find out that his credit was shit until the bill collectors started calling. Now she’s engaged to some other guy but still won’t sign the divorce papers.

What is wrong with you women? If you don’t want to be with someone……tell them. If you want out…..get out. Do not stay with a guy for money. Don’t try to take him for all he’s worth. Get a job. Take care of yourself. Embrace the ideals of equality and feminism not by taking advantage of men, but by setting an example to younger women.

Geesh!

And put on some makeup and cook dinner once in awhile. There…I said it.

(Ummm.....and the kettle is black.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Yoda said...

*sigh* Thank you.

As I've mentioned before, I've been divorced for ten years. Every couple of years, my ex-wife has hauled my butt into court to adjust the child support or the daycare or some such thing involving (my) money, because the 40% of my income that she initially got wasn't quite enough.

When I retired from the Navy three years ago, she quit her job...so that her reduced income would enable her to extort more money from me.

Fortunately, the law in California (on this subject, at least) is very clear: you are not allowed to do that.

So, in December, I hauled her into court. She didn't bother to attend. Her absense was noted by the judge, who was astonishingly friendly to me. For the first time, I did the ass kicking in the court room.

She gets a thousand dollars a month less now.

~Kurt

10:50 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I feel for you, Yoda. I also feel compelled to respond to your comment. I am all for alimony and child support when it is "NECESSARY". As in...one spouse never worked because they cared for the children while the other one went to medical school...or they worked odd jobs and never got educated, etc. What I absolutely despise is a woman who decideds she "can't" work only because she thinks she can get more money out of the guy.

I also don't really agree with automatically splitting a person's retirment. I believe this should be considered by looking at each individual situation.

But alas....they don't let me run the world (yet).

Good on you!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Sounds oh so familiar. And when I finally get a will done so that my ex-wife doesn't get any of the money I worked hard to build up myself, I find out she can contest it in the event of my death...

She spent a heap of money, too. I made just enough to keep her going.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.