Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Tom Cruise and the Plot to Take Over the World

I’m going to preface this post with the acknowledgement that I have put way too much thought into this. I do realize that this is a completely frivolous topic and it may make me look shallow and pathetic. But I can’t help it. I have to talk about it……

I am very confused about this Tom and Katie thing.

Yes, I know. It’s like looking at a car wreck isn’t it? I am fascinated. Who believed him when he was on Oprah?

I was actually at home the day it was on and watched it first hand. At first I was thinking that it was sweet. How nice for him to be in love like that. He seemed truly happy. Then at about the third time he jumped on the couch and then dropped to his knee to do the little arm pump thingy I was getting a little creeped out.

I mean, here’s this 42 year old guy who is usually VERY private and he’s acting like he is 15 and in love for the first time. It seemed really over the top. But I still thought….Ok, so they are just REALLY in love and maybe he really has never felt like this before. Ok, so it’s sweet and just a little creepy.

Then I started reading the news reports about Katie’s “missing time” and her new devotion to scientology. So maybe this is an orchestrated move to boost publicity for upcoming summer movies and to suppress the homosexual talk that tends to gravitate around Tom Cruise.

Sidebar - Let me say that if Tom Cruise is gay its ok. I personally would be disappointed because I would have liked a piece of that, but its ok. To each their own. He should do what makes him happy.

Anyway…..

I believe that there are 3 possible truths to the “TomKat” situation:

1. Tom and Katie are really, truly in love and we are all horrible people who should mind our own business and just be happy for them.

2. This is all a ploy to boost publicity and hide Tom’s rampant homosexuality.

3. Tom Cruise and Scientologists are trying to take over the world and they are using the Tom and Katie thing to deter us from viewing the big picture and keep us from stopping their nefarious plot.

I personally think its 3, but I also believe that aliens are using me for some sick experiment and suppressing my memories of the perfect life that I actually have but have been forced to forget.

What do you think?

(Post Script - If you go and see Batman Begins or War of the Worlds this summer and leave the theater wanting to find out more about scientology - question it.....that's all I'm saying.)

3 Comments:

Blogger princess slea said...

i will obey

12:29 PM  
Blogger Yoda said...

Missing time? Huh?

Tom Cruise has always seemed more than a "tad intense" to me. He has the same directness to his gaze that I saw in an acquaintance whose wife left him because she woke up at three in the morning to find him tearing out a wall in the kitchen with a sledgehammer. Tom Cruise creeped me out long before he ever thought about jumping up on Oprah's couch.

~Kurt

1:08 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I would be very sad if Tom was gay. Going to see Batman on Thursday will let you know if I get an urge about scientology.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.