Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The "Jax" Sandwich Saga

My 3 year old can sometimes be a picky eater. His dad came up with a great idea to get him to eat when nothing seems to tempt his palate.

He took a normal peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cut it with a circle sandwich press and dubbed it the “Jax” sandwich (named after our dog).

When Charlie won’t eat anything else he will eat a “Jax” sandwich.

About 4 days ago Charlie just wouldn’t eat. I asked him if he would like a “Jax” sandwich. He said yes, happily helped me make it, and proceeded to eat the entire thing.

About an hour later his dad got home. We began discussing how dirty the kids get at school and how they usually come home covered with dirt from the playground. My husband goes over to Charlie and notices something on his left ear.

“What is this, Sherri?” He asks.

“What?” I reply.

“This right here. On his ear.”

I look at Charlie’s ear. It looks like the skin on the top of his left ear is burned and blistered. The skin is mushed and looks disgusting.

“Oh, my gosh! Do you think this happened at school?” I exclaim.

“Must have,” he replies. “It wasn’t there this morning when I dropped him off.”

“Get the camera. He might need to see a doctor for this and I want documentation.”

His dad leaves to get the camera and I take a closer look at Charlie’s ear. Something doesn’t look quite right. I go to touch Charlie’s ear…..

“Don’t do that!” His dad exclaims, returning with the camera. “You’ll hurt him.”

“No, I don’t think this will hurt,” I say as I get a paper towel and wipe Charlie’s ear.

It was peanut butter. And we were ready to go to the hospital……. Doh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Too funny!!

11:05 AM  
Blogger princess slea said...

my 4 year old had braids in and when i took them out (in front of my mother) a clump of hair fell onto my lap. My mom proceeded to panic and tell me how she is deficient in vitamins and that we needed to take her to the doctor. I saw her little play scissors on the table and asked her calmly if she had cut her hair. "um...yes" she replied. My mom tends to jump to the worst conclusions (must have something to do with my teenage years).

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.