Thursday, June 02, 2005

My Week in Review

I have been informed that I have neglected my blog this week, which is in some ways true. I wanted to write, honestly I did. I just had things to do. Things that actually took me outside of my house. I know…..weird, huh? I am usually such a homebody.

I don’t really have any one specific thing to talk about today. I just wanted to share some brief observations and occurrences from the past week.

So....dum da da da da dum!!!! (That was my best fan fare.)


The Clothes Make the Woman

Last Friday I wore a sweater to work. This in itself would not be newsworthy. But my office is really cold, even though it got to about 80 degrees outside. And a sweater is no big deal because I have air conditioning in my car for the ride home.

But I didn’t go home after work. My husband put my 3 year old on the phone begging to go see the Blue Angels. So I went directly from work to the military base to see the Blue Angels. And in case you have never been to an air show…..when it is about 80 degrees outside, the temperature on the airfield feels like its about 90…..and I was wearing a sweater.

So, yes I was hot. And everyone around me was wearing shorts and tank tops. So I can only imagine what they were thinking as they saw me sweating in black jeans and a sweater.

To remedy this I decided to buy a t-shirt. But of course the only t-shirts they had were Blue Angels t-shirts. I got to be the kid who goes to the concert wearing the band's t-shirt.

Look at me….I love the Blue Angels so much I had to buy this t-shirt and immediately put it on. I am sooooo excited!

I felt stupid.

Oh well.


Road Rage (and Reading While Driving)

I was in the lunchroom at work on Wednesday when I overheard several of my coworkers talking about road rage.


Kay: I have a perfect remedy for road rage.

Star Wars Fan:
(Yes we have one of those here) What’s that?

Kay:
I am going to build a James Bond car complete with guns and the ability to create an oil slick.

Star Wars Fan:
That would be cool.

Kay:
Then when someone makes me mad I can dump oil in front of them and make them wreck. And if that doesn’t work I can shoot them.

(By the way, Kay is a Buddhist and a vegetarian who is very into yoga….interesting, no?)


But…..I can definitely relate. The traffic in Pennsylvania is terrible. And for some reason they don’t believe in turn signals. Very few traffic lights have them. So at anytime when the light turns green you can expect about 3 cars to turn right in front of you. I feel like ramming them. It makes me crazy. And speaking of crazy….

This brought me back to an incident a few months ago. I was driving home from work when a city bus pulled up next to me. I look over and the bus driver is wearing leather driving gloves (You know because those buses are speedy!). I found this amusing.

Then I noticed him pull out the newspaper. He propped it up on the big bus steering wheel and started to read. Then as the traffic started moving, he folded up his newspaper and drove. When the bus stopped, he opened up his paper again and continued reading.

Does anyone other than me find this to be a problem? Just wondering.

I guess he actually needed the gloves to keep the newsprint off his fingers.


That Juice in Your Hair

I walked in the lunchroom this morning. Four of my male coworkers were talking about haircuts. I just thought this was funny.

(Conversation already in progress)



B: And then when you’re done they put that juice in your hair.

W: Yeah…..I hate that stuff.

Me: (what the….?) That juice in your hair?

B: You know, after you get a haircut.

Me: (smartass…I know) You mean gel?

B: Yeah, gel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

OMG! That's hilarious! No wonder you've been away from blogging... you're too busy freaking out from all these people!

People seem to have these misconceptions about buddhists being all peaceful, calm and balanced... bah!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.