Friday, May 06, 2005

Farts are Funny

I work with “A” who is a Buddhist, Zen-type girl. When she is stressed she gets acupuncture, drinks green tea and takes Chinese herbal supplements.

I, on the other hand, am NOT a Buddhist, Zen-type girl. For my stressful situations, there’s not much that a half a xanax and a Captain and Coke can’t cure.

A and I were discussing one of my many interesting life crises when she suggested yoga.

A: You should really go to yoga, Sherri. It is sooo relaxing.

Me: I don’t know. I don’t really think it’s for me.

A: No, trust me, it really is relaxing. The last time I went it was so relaxing that during Savasana (corpse pose) everyone was farting. And you know know what? Farts are funny. You’d probably like it.

Now I don’t know about you, but I agree that farts can be funny, however, subjecting myself to an hour of yoga just to sit in a room full of farting people really doesn’t sound that relaxing.

Guess I’ll just stick to Happy Hour.

5 Comments:

Blogger Yoda said...

We apparently have similar goals.

~Kurt

9:16 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I'm sure that doing yoga whilst suppressing the gag reflex isn't exactly therapeutic...

11:10 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Andy: Try combining that with seeing all the people you work with sweating and grunting. They have yoga where I work. It is NOT a good thing!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Picturing that scenario was therapeutic for me !

11:43 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Ya know, I almost titled my post today "Farts Are Funny." Cause they are! That would have been amazingly coincidental. (I promise, I hadn't seen this post before.) Of course, we're not exactly blazing trails of new thought here, are we? :-)

But now I'm considering yoga... on video tape, of course.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.