Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Diet Pepsi

Today has been a tough day. Busy and frustrated from incomplete requests and endless follow-up phone calls and emails, I decide to take a little break.

Head to the bathroom, touch up the hair...looks good. Straighten the clothes...good outfit, nice on the ego. Feeling better I grab my ritual afternoon Diet Pepsi and head back to my cube.

Passing J, the office smart-ass (dry humor and a doesn't give a F*ck about anyone attitude), I give him a little "click...click", my hand pointing at him like a gun, and exude a little swagger enjoying the office camaraderie. As I turn the corner to triumphantly return to my desk, I trip over my own foot, ram my shoulder into the cube wall and drop my unopened (thankfully) soda can on my foot.

"Ha..Ha..Ha..Ha..Ha", J laughs. "Nice."

Head down, I feel stupid. I pick up the can and struggle to open it. Pointing it at J, I hope to quell his bravado. Unfortunately, I can't get the damn can open. J backs away and all I end up doing is spewing Diet Pepsi all over the carpet as my boss walks by.

"Here you go," J hands me a napkin taking pity on my clumbsiness.

I look up with my most needy little girl stare that melts the coldest of hearts and say in my most charming voice,"Oh J! I didn't think you cared?"

J just looks at me blankly, "I don't. Ha..Ha..Ha!" and proceeds to walk away shaking his head.

Well, at least I respect his honesty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.