Friday, April 22, 2005

Cube Life

I work in a cube. Not a literal cube, but a cubicle. The bane of office existence.

Cubes are funny things. You have walls but no door. You feel like you have privacy, but actually there are just more opportunities for people to eavesdrop on you.

Today the guy in the next cube has a cold.
He's breathing really heavy.
It bothers me.

I know too many things about too many people. I can actually hear a guy about 30 feet away conducting business. He's in a cube too so I guess he really can't help it.

What bothers me is when someone has an office....
and they use speaker phone....
and don't close the door.
You have a freakin' door. Use it!
I don't have a door...I have door envy.

But I guess a door wouldn't help much since I don't have a ceiling. I think I might put a piece of tape across the opening where my door would be. Then I could define my space. Or maybe a tension rod and a shower curtain. Then I could put up a sign that says, "please knock."

Maybe when people leave my cube I'll start asking them to close the door. That might be funny...or they might call HR and schedule me a psych appointment.

"Close the door."

"What?"

"The door....you left it open. I need my privacy."

"Ummm....okay, Sherri."

Yeah...that might not be a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.