Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Forgotten Admin

I work as an Executive Assistant.

My primary responsibility is to support one person who, in his defense, did take me to lunch last week.

But, in addition to him, I provide limited support to several other executives.

Today is Administrative Professional's Day.

It's 1:30pm.

The receptionist out front has had flowers and balloons on her desk since 8:30am.

Here is my woe:

If I am dictated to, do I not type?
If vendors arrive unscheduled, do I not order lunch?
When your plans change on a whim, do I not scramble to call the travel agent?
When you are pissed off at a colleague, do I not call them an A-hole?
When you don't want to be disturbed, do I not lie to your wife?

Okay, so poor me, right? I know my job isn't hard....

But would a thank you kill you???

Oh well, Happy Day to Me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.